Subject: Re: login.conf and xdm
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22C=E9sar_Catri=E1n_C=2E=22?= <ccatrian@eml.cc>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/24/2005 04:38:30
César Catrián C. wrote:

> There is a thread about a program/hack in geocrawler. Take a look at
> http://www.google.cl/search?q=cache:L1gsoTKPYWAJ:www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg.php3%3Fmsg_id%3D756477+login.conf+xdm+setusercontext&hl=es (I am not actually able to see geocrawler).

Hmm.. well.  I now just set the limits in /etc/profile, with the
disadvantage, of course, that they apply to all users.
Maybe someone could add support for login.conf to xdm (or where it
belongs), like it is on FreeBSD (I don't really know how it's
implemented there.)  BTW., it is a bit unfortunate that login.conf is
empty (or that none exists, as a matter of fact) by default.  If you add
a class, cron starts complaining that the "default" class doesn't exist,
so you probably manually have to add one aswell, etc.  This all seems to
be a bit premature and would certainly benefit from some attention by a
developer...

mkb.