Subject: forwardable kerberos tickets from login
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Daniel Farrugia <dfarr@seven9.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/23/2005 18:40:52
Hi,

I've setup a test kerberos realm on my home network and tried to get
forwardable tickets upon login. In /etc/krb5.conf I have:

[appdefaults]
	forwardable = yes
[libdefaults]
	forwardable = yes

kinit (with and without -f) gives me forwardable tickets however when I
login from the console the kerberos ticket is not forwardable. Upon
closer inspection of src/usr.bin/login/login.c I noticed the variable

int login_krb5_forwardable_tgt = 0;

This variable determines if login should request a forwardable ticket
from the KDC and its value seems to be hard coded. By changing the value
to 1 and recompiling login I managed to get forwardable tickets. Is this
a missing feature or there is a reason for forwardable tickets to be
disabled?

Thanks

--
Daniel Farrugia - email: dfarr@seven9.com - web: www.seven9.com