Subject: Re: DNS-based firewalling?
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/10/2005 14:56:34
--c8bPn4FL4u+7TADa

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 02:40:33PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Florian Stoehr wrote:
>=20

> >>Since noone have mentioned /etc/hosts.deny yet, I'll do it.
> >>Simple, you can do it based on hostnames or ip-address ranges, and whil=
e=20
> >>I think you do get through the connect stage, the port is immediately=
=20
> >>disconnected again.
> >>
> >>	Johnny
> >>
> >>Johnny Billquist                  || "I'm on a bus
> >>                                 ||  on a psychedelic trip
> >>email: bqt@update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books
> >>pdp is alive!                     ||  tryin' to stay hip" - B. Idol
> >>

> >Hm -> this is a nice way, anyway it only works from inetd.
>=20
> No, I believe it works for all applications, including sendmail/postfix.

It works for all applications that support libwrap.  That includes
sendmail, but not postfix, AFAICT.

--=20
"Commala-come-five! / Even when the shadows rise!
To see the world and walk the world / Makes ya glad to be alive."
Susannah's Song, The Dark Tower VI, Stephen King, 2004.

--c8bPn4FL4u+7TADa

--c8bPn4FL4u+7TADa--