Subject: Re: xorg and shared libraries
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/07/2005 10:47:46
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Greg Troxel wrote:

>   don't have XF86 installed
>
>   install xorg from pkgsrc
>
>   build emacs, which somehow would link against xorg (with rpath and
>   everything)
>
> That emacs package should have recorded a dependency against
> xorg-libs.  It's arguably a bug that an emacs package built against
> the base system doesn't somehow depend on xf86, but we treat that as
> part of the monolithic base system, even though sets are separately
> installable (and not installing x, or omitting games, is pretty
> normal).

I don't know why your emacs doesn't require (depend on) xorg-libs. The
many X-related packages I have installed do require (and depend on)
xorg-libs.

Does anyone else use emacs with xorg (all from pkgsrc and no native X)?
What do you see?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/