Subject: lpd problems
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/06/2005 11:22:34
I'm using NetBSD 1.6 on the x86 platform (I know, I'll be upgrading soon)
and I've run out of print spool space.  I changed /etc/printcap's entry
from /var/spool/output/printername to /work/spool/output/printername since
the /work directory has several GB's available but /var only has a few
hundred MB's available.  I made sure the new directory existed and sent a
SIGHUP to lpd.  This caused lpd to exit so I restarted it.

I can print using lpr but SAMBA can no longer print.

I rebooted the system (after 70+ days of running without problems other
than printer spool space issues) but I still have problems with Samba not
printing.  I'm running Samba 2.0.10

Any suggestions as to where to look would be great.

The printcap entry is:

lp|hwlab:\
         :rm=print:rp=hwlab:\
         :sd=/work/spool/output/hwlab:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

The print machine is running CUPS.

"Unix is user friendly, it's just | Steven Grunza
particular about with whom it     | voice:  (856) 787 - 2759
makes friends."                   | fax:    (856) 866 - 2033
  - Unknown                        | mailto:steven_grunza@ieee.org