Subject: are there packages for gnome 2.8 or 2.6 in binary format?
To: NetBSD <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ezequiel Reyes <ezequiel.reyes@newhotel.co.cu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/16/2004 08:12:50
Hi all,
I just installed 2.0 (downloaded i386pkg.iso), I do not have full-time
access to internet, nor much disk space for compiling large projects, so I
need preferably binary packages that come with the CD, not source. But the
iso contains KDE 3.3 and only a few gnome packages, I could install kde with
just ´pkg_add kde´ and I must say it runs nicely but couln't install gnome.
Could someone tell me why does the iso come with some gnome packages if no
gnome can't be installed? Is there a way to get gnome 2.8 or at least 2.6 in
binary format? How can I get it?

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations to the NetBSD team, I eagerly waited for this release
hopping it could be installed in my laptop (1.6 blocked the machine), and
now with 2.0 all runs wonderfully.