Subject: Re: NetBSD2.0: reporting libpthread errors?
To: Scott Presnell <srp@tworoads.net>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/15/2004 13:09:35
On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 08:57:47AM -0800, Scott Presnell wrote:
> In the course of debugging some unrelated issues I've been seeing:
>
> kdeinit: Error detected by libpthread: Destroying locked mutex.
> Detected by file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex.c", line 135,
> function "pthread_mutex_destroy"
>
> Should I report this somehow?

That's a bug in the application code you're running: libpthread has
detected that the application is trying to destroy a mutex while
some thread still holds that mutex locked.

In other words, it's a bug in KDE.  I don't know how successful you
will be in getting the KDE team to fix it, however.

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky