Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 problem booting after installation
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Smith <smithm@netapps.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/14/2004 07:52:16
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:02:05 +0000
Michael Smith <smithm@netapps.com.au> wrote:

I have made some progress since I sent this message.

I ran...

installboot -v -o timeout=5 /dev/rwd0d /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv2

(note rwd0d instead of rwd0a which is normally given as an example)

...and now the primary bootstrap seems to load. However it can't see /boot:

NetBSD/i386 ffsv2 Primary Bootstrap
Boot failed (errno  2): Can't open /boot

I can mount the filesystem on /dev/rwd0a by booting from the install CD and running a shell, and have verified that /boot and /netbsd both exist.

I have googled around but so far have not found the reason for this. Any suggestions would be welcome.
--
Michael Smith