Subject: Re: CVS ticket management system
To: Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet@seanodes.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/03/2004 13:25:05
[ On Wednesday, December 1, 2004 at 12:36:51 (+0100), Anthony Mallet wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVS ticket management system
>
> Greg A. Woods writes:
> | For Perl hackers the gnatsperl collection of APIs might help with this
> | integration process:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnatsperl/
>
> Interesting :)

yes, very -- at least if you don't mind perl!  ;-)

(it would be nice if there were an equivalent Python or Ruby or Pike or
Guile or similar API)

> Do you know if bugzilla can be interfaced in the same way

Well the mozilla team seem to use bugzilla as their sole ticket
management system and they do seem to interface it to CVS somehow.

> (e.g. is there
> any e-mail interface to bugzilla?)

From the user's perspective I think bugzilla is a web-only monster -- or
at least that's the way most of its fans seem to want to run it.  I
really hate it, and not just because it seems useless without a very
modern web browser and a huge pile of ugly CGI stuff on the web server.

As for how e-mail might hook into the back-end of bugzilla, well I don't
know and don't want to know.  :-)

--
						Greg A. Woods