Subject: Re: netbsd-2-0-RELEASE
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/01/2004 22:03:40
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:19:12 -0500 (EST), Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Jukka Marin wrote:
>
> > > Or there was already a long delay and a perceived pressure to have 2.0 out...
> >
> > I still fail to see the point in releasing broken code.
>
> This is a long-since-ignored argument.  If broken code were never released,
> there would never be a release.

I'm less concerned with the fact that a release might (will) have bugs
than the fact that it takes so long to get from the initial branching
to release - an every-two-years release cycle is very embarrassing,
especially when you try to introduce someone to NetBSD and the latest
release (1.6.2 in this case) doesn't know what to do with half of
their modern hardware.

--
Sean