Subject: Re: netbsd-2-0-RELEASE
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/01/2004 22:43:05
On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 09:53:06PM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Richard Rauch wrote:
>
> > Some might not have cut it just yet.  Others might have cut it long
> > ago.
>
> Most of the developers have mixed feelings toward both parts, but at some

This doesn't surprise me.  Developers are people, too.

> point the releng team had to make the call to go with it; for good or bad,
> it's a milestone that can be used to prepare for the next bug-patch release.
>
> > But it's not our call to say
> > when to release it and in half a year we should have a 2.1
>
> As a nitpick:  The version numbering scheme has changed with 2.0.  Yeah,

I konw.  I am refering to the first patch-release for 2.0---namely, 2.1.  (^&

People can argue that they want more delays for the 2.1 patch release, just
as they are arguing that they want more delays for the bug-fixes in 2.0
now.  (2.0's feature set was frozen some time ago, yes?)

I expect that 3.0 will be more than 6 months away, unless the release schedule
is *really* being ramped up.