Subject: long DOS filenames with amd
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/01/2004 01:02:46
I use amd to mount USB flash drives.  I'd like it if long file names
were always created when I mount it.  I can that manually if I use

	mount -o -l /dev/sd0e /mnt

but I haven't figured out how to make amd use the -l option.  The
following line doesn't seem to do the trick:

	key             dev:=/dev/sd0e;opts:=-l

I'm currently copying by having a placeholder file with a long name,
which apparently forces the file system code to always generate long
names for future files.  I also tried setting the fdisk partition to 11
(FAT32) and using 'newfs_msdos -F 32', but that left me with an
unmountable file system.