Subject: ufsdump over network
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Caloro Maurizio <mauric@gmx.ch>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/15/2004 16:03:04
Hello everyone,

i have two pc's one with Netbsd 1.6.2 x86 and integrated dat drive
(mt -f /dev/rst0 rewind (on netbsd machine working fine))

the second machine has solaris x86, now i try to backup the following
slice="/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6" over network to my netbsd machine to this dat
drive

here my try :

# ufsdump 0fcu Pluto:/dev/rst0 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6
  DUMP: pluto: Connection refused
  DUMP: Cannot connect to tape host `pluto'
  DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.

and here me .rhosts and hosts.equive file on my netbsd machine

#cat .rhosts
solaris	root

#cat /etc/hosts.equiv
solaris	root

i have read that's enought, but iam not successful

? and i dont know it is risk to open the machine on this way  ?
:-);-/:-(

for any help iam where happy

best regards
Maurizio

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++