Subject: sh.core files
To: , <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Mohr <robmohr@charter.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/30/2004 01:00:11
I've been noticing that sh.core files are turning up in my pkgsrc
directories.  I thought at first that they were occurring only in
directories of packages I've been building, however a 'locate .core' found
them in packages I have not attempted to build.

After cleaning up pkgsrc, and starting an update of the gnome package from
source, three new instances of sh.core have shown up in packages which are
being built.  So far none have shown up in other locations.

I have no idea where these are coming from, or why.  The directories in
which they have shown up (libgnomeprintui, gnome-vfs2, and metacity) all
have successfully built and installed.

Can anyone shed some light on why these are appearing?

Rob