Subject: LFS stablity
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Dumitriu <alex.dumitriu@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/22/2004 02:34:59
   Greetings all,

I am wondering if LFS can be considered ready for production use in
2.0 (for values of 2.0 = building at least weekly from the release
branch). I have a hardware RAID that will be under heavy NFS and Samba
load, and I'm tempted to use LFS (this is all happening on i386, BTW).
I've searched in the regular places, and have not been able to find
information later than about 1.6.1, at which point the opinions were
fairly ambivalent. Should I abandon the vain desire to always have the
Latest and Greatest and just stick with FFS+softdeps?

Opinions? Experiences?

Thanks in advance,
-Alex Dumitriu