Subject: Re: umass / sd and hotplug
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/18/2004 22:16:19
On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 02:38:30PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> More generally, that's a question for releng.  I don't even know if the
> patch is in -current yet, which is a prerequisite for it being pulled
> up to the 2.0 branch.  And given how close we are to the release date,
> I don't know that we want yet another delay for this one.

I still can't see why release a NetBSD version which has bugs that affect
many common users.  There is less than one major release per year, so it's
a long wait for users who can't / don't want to run -current to see this
(and other problems) fixed.  Also, this particular problem has been known
for several months, so there was plenty of time to get it fixed "in time"..
Sometimes it makes me wonder what the purpose of NetBSD releases _is_.

  -jm