Subject: Re: Suggestion for sysinst
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@student.kun.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/16/2004 20:49:38
--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 08:26:23PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > > Seconded. And there are already hooks for this in the sources. Il suf=
fit
> > > de definir les variables make SYSINST_FTP_HOST et SYSINST_FTP_DIR.
> > >=20
> If the environnement variable exists, I think make will use it.

Well, if it's SYSINST_*, it's not very clean IMHO.  It would be nicer to
have something like RELENG_FTP_{HOST, DIR} or something even more abstract,
and set SYSINST_* to that.  This way, if other programs would ever need
to set defaults based on that dir, they don't have to have their own copy
of those variables (or use the SYSINST ones).

Regards,
Peter
--=20
http://www.student.kun.nl/peter.bex