Subject: system backup options?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/06/2004 23:43:08
=A0
Greetings all;
=A0
I will shortly have a 200gig external firewire drive on my G4 (10.2.8),=20=

and I was wondering about partitioning it, formatting one partition as=20=

whatever-format-is-appropriate,  and using  it to backup up my NetBSD=20
(1.6.1, Cobalt Qube II) installation (backup across the network).
=A0
If anyone can recommend a tool or two (or even a fancy use of tar) that=20=

I could use to back up across the network, I'd appreciate pointers.=A0=20=

I'd very much like to be able to archive my working 1.6.1. system=20
before trying to update to a newer release.  Especially with the recent=20=

pkgsrc posts.
=A0
Thanks for any advice;
=A0
Brian
=A0

--=20
... we parted each feeling
superior to the other and is not that
feeling after all one of the great
desiderata of social intercourse
-archy
_The Life and Times of Archy and Mehitabel_=