Subject: Adaptec SATA 2810SA raid controller card
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Mark Randelhoff <markr@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/05/2004 10:36:58
Hi All

 From the supported devices web page I am led to believe that the aac
driver supports the adaptec sata raid 2810sa raid controller card. The aac
driver simply mentions the 2410 - which is the 4 drive card rather than the
8 drive card.

My experience with NetBSD 2.0_RC3 and NetBSD 1.6.2 is that the driver
reports the following:

"Adaptec (2nd PCI vendor ID) ASR 2200S (Raid mass storage revision 0x1) at
PCI 2 dev 10 function 0 not configured"

I have enabled the aac driver in the kernel. The card is labeled 2810sa
notwithstanding the report in the boot process of ASR 2200S.

Please would someone offer some advice here. I really would like to get
this card working...

Thanks
Mark