Subject: Re: raidframe recovery
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/04/2004 13:38:42
Patrick Welche writes:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 12:04:24PM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
> > > This gives me:
> > >
> > > raidlookup on device: absent failed!
> > > RAIDFRAME: failed rf_ConfigureDisks with 2
> > > raidlookup on device: absent failed!
> > > RAIDFRAME: failed rf_ConfigureDisks with 2
> > > # raidctl -s raid0
> > > raidctl: ioctl (RAIDFRAME_GET_INFO) failed: Device not configured
> > > # raidctl -c /etc/raid0.conf raid0
> > > raidctl: ioctl (RAIDFRAME_CONFIGURE) failed: No such file or directory

> > > I'll try -C now.. wd2 was hardcoded, so it shouldn't have moved, should i
> t?
> >
> > Correct.  Since the disks are hard-coded, -C should work.
>
> Hmm :/
>
> # raidctl -C /etc/raid0.conf raid0
> raidctl: ioctl (RAIDFRAME_CONFIGURE) failed: No such file or directory
>
> At the moment I don't have anything plugged in as wd1, and the absent
> entry in /etc/raid0.conf...

Oh...... This is 2.0E from May 5, and support for 'absent' didn't
happen until May 22, 2004.

If you go back to your original /etc/raid0.conf with wd1a, and make
sure wd1a (as a physical component) doesn't exist, then 'raidctl -C'
should configure the set for you.  When you do 'raidctl -s', you
should see wd1a listed, but marked as failed.  (you need to make sure
wd1a doesn't exist, as otherwise it will be considered the 'master'
here, and you'll end up reading from it instead of from wd2a!)

Later...

Greg Oster