Subject: Re: raidframe recovery
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/04/2004 11:38:12
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004, Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 10:16:08AM -0400, David Maxwell wrote:
> > Do a 'raidctl -c raid0.conf raid0', where raid0.conf is the config file
>
> I'm still stuck (NetBSD 2.0E/i386 5 May 2004):
>
> raid0: Component /dev/wd1a being configured at col: 0
>          Column: 0 Num Columns: 0
>          Version: 0 Serial Number: 0 Mod Counter: 0

> raid0: Component /dev/wd2a being configured at col: 1
>          Column: 1 Num Columns: 2
>          Version: 2 Serial Number: 35710 Mod Counter: 268
>          Clean: No Status: 0
> /dev/wd2a has a different serial number: 0 35710
> /dev/wd2a is not clean!

Ahh. I think I remember Greg Oster mentioning something about this.
Raidframe sees the serial number 'on' the dead drive, '0', and then
refuses to accept the second component because the serial there doesn't
match. I don't remember the correct action to take, I'll have to leave
it to Greg to say.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive