Subject: Re: hardware for PPPoE
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/30/2004 09:30:05
On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 10:35:22PM +0000, Fco. Valladolid wrote:
> Recently i setup pppoe under a old PC Celeron 300/64MB/4.3GB/ can you say what amount
> of hardware I need for this purpose, thanks.

For the in-kernel PPPoE implementation you can basically use any hardware that
is able to route the bandwidth you want to use. Anything running NetBSD
with two ethernet interfaces will do for DSL connections.

If there are machines that fit that description but can not keep up with
a DSL connection, I would like to hear about them :-)

Martin