Subject: Re: External build of huge package
To: Asmodehn Shade <asmodehn@9online.fr>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/20/2004 13:52:20
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Asmodehn Shade wrote:

> So I wonder if there is a simple way to use the existing package
> collection, but to build the package in some another directory, may be
> on another disk.

Set WRKOBJDIR to the directory you want to the builds on.

For example, my /etc/mk.conf on one box has:

WRKOBJDIR=             /scratch/pkgsrc   # build here instead of in pkgsrc
OBJHOSTNAME=           yes               # use work.`hostname`

I use OBJHOSTNAME because I share the pkgsrc tree and I need to have
separate work directories for each build system.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/