Subject: Re: UDF file system support
To: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/09/2004 11:24:45
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

> Without first going into that directory you won't have selected a logical
> volume to write on and thus get an `Invalid argument'.

Got it. It works for me now! This is with a DVD-RAM drive that
identifies itself as a "MATSHITADVD-RAM SW-9572, , F100" using a cheapo
DVD-RAM disk.

This is really cool, but there's still an issue. I'd like to use this
for backup, but I need a way to automate this from the command line. My
ideal tool be a single command with an option to say "just put it in
the given path in the first logical volume on this disk," so that my
script doesn't have to go and read the disk first to figure out what the
logical volume name is.

e.g.,

    udfcp -1 /staging-area/myhost-20040908-3.dump.gz \
	/dev/rcd0d:/dumps/myhost-20040908-3.dump.gz

Where "-1" says to use the first logical volume.

In the end, I'd really want to be able to mount this as a filesystem, though,
so I could rsync directly to it.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org
     Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA