Subject: Re: Allow non-root users to access to CD-ROM and Floppy
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/09/2004 11:16:24
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> I must have misunderstood you. I thought you said to install sudo, and
> allow people to use mount/umount through sudo?

Yes.

> As far as I can tell, this will allow people to mount/umount any volume...

If you chose to configure it that way, yes. I would suggest configuring
it to let people mount and unmount only the ones you want to let them
mount and unmount, and only on the points where you want them mounted
and unmounted, as per the example of exactly this in the sudoers(5)
manpage.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org
     Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA