Subject: Re: filesystem issues after rude powerdown
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2004 05:26:06
On Tuesday, August 3, 2004, at 08:14 AM, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

[....]

>>> /sbin/sysctl kern.rawpartition
>>>
>>> if it is 3:
>>> dd bs=512 count=13 if=/dev/zero seek=756 of=/dev/rwd0d (on i387
>>>
>>> if it is 2:
>>> dd bs=512 count=13 if=/dev/zero seek=756 of=/dev/rwd0c

[...]

 >Ah... those were file system block numbers, but it is translating them
 >disk blocks (the wd0 bn 4782688 part).
 >Translate my recipe appropriately - this might help you.

Just wanted to followup;

This seems to have worked great, I've had no issues since forcing a
write to these blocks, been about 3 weeks.  I did not disable the write
cache, but it seems to have been OK.  I've been meaning to fill up /tmp
and see what happens...

Thanks for all the help;

Brian

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only