Subject: Re: how to send a smtp mail?
To: None <hyhe@Rose.ITI.com>
From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/23/2004 13:52:16
hyhe@Rose.ITI.com wrote:
> My NetBSD box is a NAT inside server and has not a public IP or DNS name.
> Via sendmail and mail, I can send out our message to somebody, but receiver
> can't reply to me. So I want to use a outside SMTP account. But I don't know
> how to configure them. Where do I should configure my SMTP server, account and
> password? I know KMail can do this work, but I have not X. Who can help me?

Your ISP can help you, and you ought to talk with them or check their support
pages for any special details that people on this list will not be able to
guess about.

This being said, you probably want to use the SMART_HOST and MASQUERADE_AS
features in your sendmail.mc file, which will let you set which domain your
mail goes out as, and relays that mail to the SMTP host your ISP provides.
You may end up having to create an access map with your name and password, if
that is needed.

--
-Chuck