Subject: Re: ethernet bridge + ipf = transparent firewall?
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/23/2004 15:42:05
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:30:15 -0700, "Aaron J. Grier"
<agrier@poofygoof.com> said:
> with proxy arp the only thing being proxied is at the ethernet level;
> the rest is straight IP routing.  you don't change the IP of the windows
> machine; just what other machines think its ethernet address is.  I
> don't know if this would affect your license software or not.

OK, I think I understand what you mean by this - the netbsd machine does
not bridge between tlp0 and kue0, the windows MAC address is proxy-arped
on the netbsd machine, and the netbsd machine does host-level routing
between
tlp0 and kue0 ... that right?

could work ... will look at doing that in the meantime I suppose ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank