Subject: Re: Where's the Logo?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jean-Luc Wasmer <jl+netbsd@lists.wasmer.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/17/2004 10:14:13
Great thread!!! Can I join?

Can someone just answer this question "What is going on?".

The contest was announced mid-January and people had only 6 weeks to
come up with a logo. At the end of the month, it will be 6 month after
the end of the competition.
I think, just by courtesy for the guys who spend time designing a logo,
we should be kept up to date with the developments (or lack of).

As far as I'm concerned, I dislike the current logo and I think it
should be changed.
I had no clue until 2 years ago about its historical reference. So, what
did I think the first time I saw it (around 1999 I guess):
- it's dark, complex and difficult to assimilate;
- wtf is this supposed to mean? It looks like the daemons are fitting
the hardware. Ho, no, I get it, the daemons are fitting to get the flag.
So daemons are using the hardware to get the flag (= NetBSD = kernel =?
control). That's the worst logo I've ever seen. Even the penguin is better.
- it repels me (I try not to stay/go on the main page).

JL