Subject: slow GNOME
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/16/2004 13:02:19
Hello everyone,

I've managed to install KDE 3.2.1 and it's running quite fine.
The only thing i feel is, that i think that it is quite slow.
Some applications are opening faster than other.
E.g. Mozilla Firefox takes quite long to open.
And after being opened the little jumping icon jumps for a long time until
it disappears.
I'm running a 1.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4 /w 512MB RAM.
Anyway. It works and thats ok.

On ther other side GNOME.
I installed GNOME 2.4.2 and finally managed it to run (exec gnome-session).
Gnome starts (nautilus), but any application i try to open takes very very
long or even does not open.
At the beginning i'm also getting the message that the machine cannot
resolve the hostname (log in anyway) which leads that the Browser does not
open a web site.

Any ideas?
Z.