Subject: mplayer problem with -vo xv
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/04/2004 21:36:57
hi guys,
as you can see i'm trying to somehow improve the multimedia setup of my
computer :) after xine, mplayer is coming (it was recommended to me for
avi files, xine is better for dvd's) - i want to try them both.

there is just one small problem. i cannot execute it using -vo xv
switch. i have to use -vo x11 instead. this has disadvantage of slow and
not smooth output... watching dvd movie with this is really pain :(

if i use -vo xv i experience following problems:

- video output overlaps everything on the screen, even the mplayer menu
-> some of the menu items are not accessible
- for the same reason it is not possible to turn off full screen mode
(well, there might be some key shortcut...)
- video output is playing on the workspace where mplayer is running, but
still picture is present on all workspaces, overlapping everything on
them (i'm using fluxbox, but i encountered the same problem in windowmaker)

do you have any hint how to fix this?

i use X 4.2.1, my card is ati radeon 7000 64mb ddr. is this ati-related?
i experienced the problem before, but i'm not sure about graphics card
type... it might have been ati as well...

thanks a lot for any hints,

--
Lubos
_@_"