Subject: Re: jerky mplayer/gmplayer output
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
From: Kailash Sethuraman <hsaliak@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/04/2004 11:11:41
Hi,
Just my  2 cents on this. Using the sun audio output  has in many
times resulted in a performance improvement for me. The default OSS
audio output has to be emulated by the native API, which may result in
some performance tradeoff.  So , try -ao sun . Apart from this the
mplayer docs come with various tricks you can use to optimize the
output, one  good one is to use a cheaper and poorer software scaler
( -sws 4 ) .
I'd suggest try  a combination of -vo xv -ao sun , as your preferred
video / audio outputs. and see if it helps. -vo sdl -ao sdl have
better results sometimes. Do play with their combination.
Regards,
Kailash