Subject: Re: porting source to netbsd...
To: Laurent Marechal <MARECHAL@nl.ibm.com>
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <stephane@sources.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/28/2004 22:24:31
On Wednesday 28 July 2004, at 12 h 44, the keyboard of Laurent Marechal
<MARECHAL@nl.ibm.com> wrote:

> I have the software source for Solaris, Linux, Aix and I wanted as a test
> to try to port them to Netbsd.
> The software contain a lot of command line and some GUI. There might be
> also some kernel module.

Might be? You're not sure?

> I was wondering what set of source would be the more easy to port and
> would requiere the less modification.

Probably the command-line part (and the kernel module is probably by far the
most difficult) but without any more detail (you do not even indicate the
widget library used by the GUI), it is hard to say.

> Anyone have some information or recommendation ?

You seems to be a beginner in porting, so start with:

Porting UNIX Software
From Download to
Debug

By Greg Lehey