Subject: Re: KDE3 & kdelibs
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Emre Yildirim <ey@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/27/2004 18:13:17
Make sure you have pkgsrc extracted under /usr

1) cd /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/kde3
2) make
3) make install

This will install KDE 3 (depending how up-to-date your pkgsrc is) on your
system.  To create binary packages of KDE for other machines to use (using
the pkg_add command), you need to do 'make package'.

See http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/binary.html for more
information on how to do this.  The NetBSD FTP may not always have binary
packages available, so it's always a good idea to build them yourself.