Subject: Re: Global pkgsrc update
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/23/2004 14:27:26
On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 02:13:01PM +0200, Wouter Klouwen wrote:
> If it is problematic, it's not usually the easiest ;)

It works fine for me 95% of the time.

> > You can always continue the upgrade by manually entering "make update"
> > in the directory of the last package it tried to upgrade after the
> > problem ios resolved.
> Which essentially is the same as doing a make update manually, ...

You only have to do that if a package failed to build.

> ... and quite annoying as you don't know what exactly is missing from the
> system ...

That is not true. If you restart "make update" it will continue retry to
build all the packages it deleted before.

Don't get me wrong:
I don't say it's perfect. But is easy to use and works well enough in
many cases.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/