Subject: Re: the usability of LFS
To: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/02/2004 12:42:21
On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 12:39:23PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:

> Well, I think there are two possible answers:
> 1) it's usable as long as you don't go near/over 70% full on the LFS partition.

uhm, ok.

> 2) if you intend to go above 70% capacity on the LFS partition, Don't
> Use LFS. It will go crazy, panic the kernel, cause all manner of bad
> voodoo.

yeah, i think i'll be skipping it then.  that's not a reasonable way to run a
machine, you know?  ;)

> As for when... no idea. I've been waiting for a couple years now, and
> haven't seen any signifigant progress other than LFS getting tied into
> the UBC stuff.

soon i hope.  NetBSD tends to be behind the curve, but that is what IMHO makes
it great since it'd done right, not done right now.

LFS however, is going to extremes though.  i can use something other than FFS
on pretty much every OS except this one.  that's a real shame.

-brian
--
"Performing a Google search on the fairly unique name you've chosen weeks
ago for a piece of software you're writing, only to discover that the