Subject: Re: Postfix / Spamassassin / spampd startup problems.
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/17/2004 11:11:41
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> My problem is that when I (or other events) reboot the box, the
> /etc/rc.d/spampd script doesn't correctly start spampd.  Once the box is
> up I can login as root and start it successfully.
>
> I don't see any errors, and I tried fiddling with the 'REQUIRES:' line
> to make it start after postfix or before with no difference.

I don't know /etc/rc.d/spampd.

Are you saying you can run "/etc/rc.d/spampd" manually and it works?

Do you run it with "start" argument?

Or are you starting your spampd differently (like running "spampd").

Maybe you need some variable defined in your rc.conf.

Run "/etc/rc.d/spampd rcvar" to see the variable name.

Try running "rcorder -s nostart /etc/rc.d/*" to see if your spampd is
listed in the correct place.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/