Subject: Re: delay needed after started named?
To: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20040504T122000@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/04/2004 23:49:30
On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 01:16:09PM -0700, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> Before my portable walked out my back door I used dhcpd as a
> on-network detector.  If the main interface didn't look like it had a
> valid address I bypassed the startup for all sorts of daemons.

I would realy like some easy mechanism to have dhcpclient results select
a file with rc.conf settings that override parts of /etc/rc.conf. Even
to the extend that if I get a dhcp lease for a know network where I don't
use dhcp to set things like

auto_ifconfig=NO
net_interfaces="cs0"
ifconfig_cs0="inet 192.168.XXX.XX netmask 255.255.255.0 mediaopt full-duplex"
defaultroute=....
dhcpclient=NO

If this would be implemented as a regulary rc.d script, it would need a way
to restart rcorder and the whole rc.d execution, this time passing the
selected configuration as a parameter and avoiding a second dhcpclient
run.

Martin