Subject: Re: sge on netbsd?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/2004 13:21:23
Jan Schaumann wrote:

> Dan McMahill <dmcmahill@netbsd.org> wrote:
>> Has anyone worked on porting Sun Grid Engine (SGE) to NetBSD?
>
> There was some talk about this on the tech-cluster mailing list.  I
> think somebody said they had ported it.  Search the archives.  (FWIW,
> it's on my long-term-maybe-over-the-summer-todo to package that.  But
> then, it's been on my todo for a long time. :-/ )

Two groups have worked on it. Both posted to the tech-cluster list
a while back. We were one of them. We have temporarily (I hope)
run out of funding to continue working on it right now. The work
was done by a local cs student for us who is looking for another
source of funding to continue working on it. He basically wants to
sync his efforts with the current version of sge and work to get
those changes put back in the sge source repository. If anyone is
interested in contacting him to assist/help fund finishing this up
(it appears to be a relatively small effort), let me know and I'll
try to get you in contact with him.