Subject: disklabel cpg values
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/20/2004 17:26:52
hi guys,

i am adding new hdd (20gb) to my i386 machine. i created a single
partition, edited disklabel and newfs'ed the drive. what surprises me is
the value of cpg/sgs - it is 28456. when i compare it to values of
partitions on my second disk (86, the disk is almost the same size) it
seems pretty large. is something wrong or is it ok?

i was trying to look for the answer on the web, but found nothing that
would make it absolutely clear for me. usually there is written that
newfs itslef decides what should be the ideal values...

thanks for help,

--
Lubos
_@_"