Subject: NetBSD and Cyrus IMAPd --with-auth=krb5
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <jukka-netbsd@2004.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/19/2004 17:02:15
Hello,

I'm having troubles running Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.3 (latest stable release)
on NetBSD systems (i386, unfortunately no hardware available to test
with other ports).

When specifying --with-auth=unix to Cyrus' configure script, everything
seems to work fine. However, if I use --with-auth=krb5, pop3d and lmtpd
constantly segfault (imapd works fine...).

I installed Cyrus from pkgsrc (mail/cyrus-imapd22, KERBEROS was
defined). I tried with NetBSD 1.6.2 stable and NetBSD 2.0C systems,
always the same results. Furthermore, I tried what's suggested in the
install FAQ[1] regarding NetBSD and mmap. No success.

Is anybody successfully running Cyrus IMAPd on NetBSD i386 using the
Kerberos 5 authorisation module?

Help is appreciated!

TIA, Jukka

P.S.: the problem is described in more detail on the info-cyrus mailing
list[2].

[1] http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/install-FAQ.html
[2] http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&msg=29040

--