Subject: Re: OpenLDAP Client
To: asker survey <asker_student@yahoo.com>
From: Alexandre PAUZIES <alexandre.pauzies@linagora.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2004 11:16:29
Le dimanche 28 Mars 2004 23:09, asker survey a =E9crit=A0:
> Hello;
> 	Am a FreeBSD an OpenBSD user. I cannot use OpenLDAP
> client on FreeBSD 4.X to authenticate my shell users
> from a Linux server. I notticed NetBSD uses nsswitch
> like Linux. I want to know if I can use OpenLDAP
> client to athunticate shell users. If the answer is
> "Yes" is there any particulare thing that I must know.
>
> Thanks for your attention.
> I am not a list member.

Hi,

I know that you could use pam with NetBSD (like with Linux) to authentify y=
ou=20
shell users but NetBSD doesn't support nsswitch modules, so there is no=20
nss_ldap and you can't really use this.

You should look at a nis to ldap gateway (http://ypanything.sourceforge.net=
).

Alex.=20

=2D-=20
Alexandre Pauzi=E8s <alexandre.pauzies@linagora.com>
LINAGORA - Soci=E9t=E9 de services en Logiciels Libres
http://www.linagora.com/ - T=E9l: 01.58.18.68.28