Subject: Re: alternate bios-time
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/14/2004 17:04:46
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 05:02:01PM +0200, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can one adjust the interpretation of the bios time?
> When rebooting from another OS (Windows, FreeBSD) NetBSD seems to
> have a different time even though /etc/localtime is customized.
> It seems to me that NetBSD thinks the bios time is GMT.
> Can one make NetBSD to think interpret the bios time differently?

man options:

	options RTC_OFFSET=integer
	The kernel (and typically the hardware battery backed-up clock on those
	machines that have one) keeps time in UTC (Universal Coordinated Time,
	once known as GMT, or Greenwich Mean Time) and not in the time of the
	local time zone.  The RTC_OFFSET option is used on some ports (such as
	the i386) to tell the kernel that the hardware clock is offset from UTC
	by the specified number of minutes.
Juergen Hannken-Illjes - hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de - TU Braunschweig (Germany)