Subject: sftp transfers stop only for large file uploads
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/04/2004 21:43:39
NetBSD 1.6.1 (Cobalt), using sshd for sftpd, downloads of large files
to the Qube via pkgsrc works fine, but uploading large files TO the box
fails at almost exactly 1.5 megs.  The file I'm uploading doesn't seem
to have any errors, I can unpack it fine.  Smaller fiels go on up with
no issues.

I'm trying to upload a 120 meg file from my OS X box sftp client to the
Qube, and it consistently hangs during the transfer, usually around 1.5
megs transferred, sometimes 2 megs, once it got to 8.  The OS X sftp
client then sits for a long time, and I finally get a "disconnect"
error message.

What logs or settings should I investigate?  both machines are on the
LAN side of a Netgear MR314 router.  Nothing has changed, although
since this has started occuring I did reboot NetBSD, OS X, and power
cycled the router.

Thanks,

Brian