Subject: Re: MSS Issue with netbsd.org
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/29/2004 19:35:31
--xgyAXRrhYN0wYx8y

Martin Husemann wrote:
> Probably the best thing to do if you are sure your connection is configur=
ed
> correctly, or you have a cluefull provider, is to set max-auth-failure=3D=
0, and
> not forgetting to change it whenever you change passwords ;-)

Sometimes, IIRC always after a panic, I've had the problem that the
in-kernel pppoe keeps saying sth like "session cookie(?) found but
belongs to session in state 3". Usually that means I can't log in for
a couple of hours.
Resetting the ADSL-Modem wouldn't help. I wonder whether this is
fixable somehow. However, it didn't happen often enough to send-pr it.
Hmm, no I think it wasn't just after a crash but after the usual
daily connection reset.

--=20
Christian
=20
As you can see, this a signature. It's not related to the contents of the
mail in any way. But you probably won't listen to me anyway, will you?

--xgyAXRrhYN0wYx8y

--xgyAXRrhYN0wYx8y--