Subject: Re: serial console questions
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/14/2004 15:56:58
finally i got it working. thanks to all who replied and helped me with the
setup, i appreciated it very much.

i just have few more questions:

1) when i'm on commandline on my computer that has the serial console connected,
i can switch vitrual consoles, but both ctrl-alt-f1 and ctrl-alt-f2 are
/dev/ttyE1. there are also /dev/ttyE2 and /dev/ttyE3. that's ok, i've ttyE0
turned off in /etc/ttys as console is normally running there (what happens if i
enable ttyE0 and boot with consdev pc? will system panic? will i have
problems?). but the main point is different. why i'm not able to switch to
virtual consoles from X? i'm sure it was possible before i started the system
with serial console...

2) break sequence is set to ~# (\x27\x01) in tip. is it possible to find these
escape codes documented somewhere? i was searching the netbsd site, but i didn't
find anything useful.

regards,

--
Lubos