Subject: missing files in current /xsrc?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2004 22:30:42
Greetings;

Is one of the tarballs in the source code for X11 from
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/xsrc/{files}
missing some components?

The reason I ask, I get the 5 files, extract them into /usr

  Qube# tar -xf contrib.tar -C /usr
  Qube# tar -xf local.tar -C /usr
  Qube# tar -xf top-level.tar -C /usr
  Qube# tar -xf xfree.tar -C /usr
  Qube# tar -xf xc.tar -C /usr

but make fails, there's no "xmakefile".   Searching my system after
untarring, and also searching and listing the contents of the tarfiles
without unpacking (in case something was being overwritten) there's
just no xmakefile to be found.

Qube:/usr/xsrc#ls
CVS      Makefile contrib  local    xc       xfree
Qube:/usr/xsrc#make install
make -f xmakefile install
make: cannot open xmakefile.

make: stopped in /usr/xsrc/xc
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/xsrc/xc
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/xsrc
Qube:/usr/xsrc#

I think perhaps that the xfree tarball isn't quite right- as it unpacks
to / not to /xsrc like the others, so perhaps it was tar'd improperly?
Or is there another tarball that it is assumed I have at hand already?

I downloaded the non-tar'd /xsrc and didn't find a 'xmakefile' in that
directory tree either.

I saw no contact people for this /xsrc portion of cobalt-current, so
thought you might be a starting place.

I don't see anything else for /xsrc on the netbsd site; the x11 site
has a rather old tarball and says the MIPS port hasn't been tested for
"a while" (I'm netbsd-cobalt, here).

If there are binaries or src other than in /current, I've looked many
times and not found them...

Thanks for help;

Brian