Subject: Re: Creeping PCism...
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2004 00:26:25
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Sunday, February 8, 2004 at 14:50:59 (+0100), Johnny Billquist wrote: ]
> > Subject: Creeping PCism...
> >
> > I've silently watched the creeping PCism for years, but I finally have to
> > speak out, and ask one thing.
> >
> > I don't like having ^H as the default for erase, and now it's both in X
> > and normal shells.
>
> What the heck does that have to do with PCs!?!?!?!?

Oh, I think I did mention that I didn't see it before the PC, but that is
of course no guarantee that some sicko didn't use it before. :-)

> I was using ^H as the default for erase for a good three years before
> the damn PC was ever even invented, perhaps even longer on non-unix
> systems.

Which systems, if I may ask?
I know that DG was a little perverted, but I can guarantee that you didn't
use BS on any DEC OS...

> > Is there an easy way to have something else as default?
>
> Obviously -- as you've no doubt learned from the rest of this thread!  ;-)

I have learned yes, and the answer is "no". :-/

	Johnny