Subject: Re: pkgsrc, CVS, and the old "pkg" directory.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/05/2004 07:54:48
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Richard Rauch wrote:

> One thing that I've noticed, which is a bit disturbing, is that the
> update seems to be reviving the old "pkg" directories.  As I recall,
> those used to hold things like DESCR and such.

With CVS, a directory never really goes away. Recall that the history
of every deleted file still exists somewhere in the repository, and
realize that it has to be stored somewhere. What happens when you do
an update with "-P" -- prune -- is that after everything else is done,
the client makes one more pass and deletes any empty directories. So,
it's quite normal to see those if you're interrupting the update.
They'll go away once you complete an update.

Frederick