Subject: proftpd or no, for sftp?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/04/2004 06:05:37
Hi all;

Currently connecting sftp client sessions are being handled by sshd
rolling over to sftp-server (I think that's the way it works, at least,
it's working after I got sshd going :).

Is there a reason to set up protftpd and have it handle sftp
connections?

There are directions on the proftpd site for setting up the tunnel, but
other than being able to use proftpd's ability to chroot users to their
home directory, I'm not sure what I'd get out of it (compared to using
the current server).

If I can chroot sftp users from the sshd/sftp-server combo, I've not
seen how to do it, yet, but I would like to do that.

Thanks for thoughts;

Brian